Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Project Progress

As it may have been notice, I have been quiet lately.  This is not because I have forgotten about this blog, or because I have had nothing to talk about.  I have been focusing on a big project that I have been working on.

As I mentioned in a couple other posts, I am porting an old game into 8086 assembly.  I have finally had time to sit down and work on this project, and I am making good progress.  It should be ready for a beta release in the next couple of weeks.  I really had not anticipated how big this project really was.  It is requiring me to write up a lot of algorithms that we take for granted in in development these days.  Also I am wanting to really do this right so there is a lot of testing and documenting going on, as well as a lot of planning work behind the scenes.

Keep an eye out for more posts on this because the release is quickly approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment